Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sampler Garden, New Puppy and Heath Ledger

I have been stitching on Sampler Garden Casket and have finished part one! I had to unpick and restitch including the basting, so I am really glad that I am on time. Next part is next month, so that means I have time to stitch a scissor fob and my part in the Neighbourhood RR....Busy, busy, busy!!!LOL Here it is with my kit. I couldn't believe how lucky I was to have picked such great colours...I had stitched this and then received my kit and they match perfectly! I'm very happy about that!!!!I also wanted to share a picture of my new little boy, Ruben.....He is named after the 17th C European painter, Peter Paul Rubens. He is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and is 8 weeks old. Isn't he cute????I realised after I wrote this post that I should edit it to pay tribute to Heath Ledger. I loved him and simply can't believe he has died.......He was truly an amazing actor and I just loved A Knights Tale, The Patriot and Two Hands. Missing you!

RIP

4th April, 1979 - 22nd January, 2008


10 comments:

Becky K in OK said...

Your stitching is beautiful. What can I say about your little one? Too cute for words.

mainely stitching said...

Beautiful, beautiful stitching! And your puppy is adorable - congratulations!

Katrina said...

Love your stitching and the puppy is adorable.

I think Heath Ledger's death is very sad too. He was so young.

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous puppy! I've never had a dog, but have promised DS that when I buy a house, he can have a dog. I've always wanted either a Cocker Spaniel, or a King Charles Spaniel.

monique said...

Aw, Ruben is adorable!

Very sad about Heath Ledger.

Jane said...

Ruben is a doll!!! Give him lots of scritchies under the chin from me.

Carol R said...

Great stitching and how adorable is Reuben!
Shame about Heath Ledger - a waste of talent and good looks. I only watched Brokeback Mountain on the day he died too.

Françoise said...

beautifull!!!!
françoise

Chelle said...

I love the band for your Sampler Garden Casket! Wonderful! Cute puppie, too.

Deb said...

Georgie, I was so shocked and saddened about Heath, as well. Such a young man, and so much to live for. I thought he was a great actor...Thanks for remembering him on your blog.
On a lighter note, what a darling puppy!! And I love his name, too!! Plus, you've made me think I may need to buy another of the "Ladies..." stitching pieces! Yours looks awesome, and your colors are great! Hugs, Deb

 

Made by Lena