Friday, December 21, 2007

A different pace - quite long

Majority of my posts are cross stitch related, but today I feel compelled to write about something else. I would really love any comments you have and any stories of similar situations. I recently purchased off ebay, but to my dismay, the shipping was quite expensive. Alot more than I thought it would be for a little frame. So, I asked the lady if there was a less expensive way or if I could have it shipped to my friends in California. Her reply was no, she had to ship to me, but said she was willing to cancel the transaction. I said okay. Then, I got a message with a not very nice email through ebay, so I replied. Now, she has contacted me about 12 times since yesterday with alot of name calling and abuse. I've asked her to stop, but that isn't working. I've thought about blocking her, but her emails just go to my junk mail folder, not bouncing back to her. My question is has anyone else had this problem? My one regret is, that when I emailed her back, I left my blog, etc in my signature. So, now she can look at anything to do with me, if she wants.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been doing ebay for 3-4 years now and unfortunately I have come across some bad issues. Some of them partly my fault because I didn't check their feedback or their shipping or payment details before I bid. I have learned on several occasions to make sure of what the shipping and payment methods are before I bid and also to make sure I can trust the seller by their feedback. I had to go through paypal once to get a refund on an item that was never sent and all of that seller's buyers were in the same predicament, hmmmmm. Paypal is the best way to go in that situation, you can see on the auction page if the seller is covered by paypal and how much, some are $200 and others are up to $2000. I recently tried to cancel an auction that I had won that I wanted to use to send with my Christmas cards. Silly me, I forgot to check to see if the person uses paypal (almost everybody does), well she didn't and I had to mail the payment and then wait to receive the items before I could mail them out, needless to say there wasn't time to mail out the items. We have to do as much research and homework on each auction as we can to make sure we are getting what we think we are getting for the price and method we think we are getting it for. Good luck in the future.

Anonymous said...

What a nasty piece of work this woman is! I'd report her to Ebay since it was a mutual cancellation of the auction. If she didn't want to cancel, then why agree & then spam you with crap?? Oh & IMO, it's bullsh*t that she has to post the item to you. I've had Ebay items posted to other addresses before. What crap. {{{{{{Georgie}}}}}

Katrina said...

That sucks! What a nasty person. No advice, I do buy off of ebay but not often and I've always had good luck. I'd probably report her too.

Anonymous said...

If the e-mails are offensive (contain bad language, etc), report her to her ISP. Actually, even if they aren't offensive, report them as spam to her ISP. If you've specifically asked her to stop e-mailing you, and she continues to e-mail, that's spam, in my opinion!

I would probably create a filter in my e-mail to have the mail be sent back to her - see if you can do that.

Anonymous said...

I have found ebay not so helpful in two separate circumstances both times with *%$#& people. This is so unfortunate, I'm sorry you've been put through the ringer by this person. People can and will be MEAN. They will also justify it to themselves making them so self righteous in their own minds. Absurd indignants I tell you ! Chalk this one up to a bad experience with a not so nice person. I would start over and get a new ebay name to avoid her altogether if possible. Begin anew and put it behind you soon as you can. Best wishes

Su Wen said...

How terrible!! I know there are some sellers who tries to rip-off buyers on postage. In this case, its unfair since she's the one who suggest a cancellation. Anyway, don't worry too much about her, cos it reflects on her character and not yours. I would like to know who this seller is so I won't buy anything from her.

 

Made by Lena